Friday 7 September 2012

Review: Under Mr. Nolan's Bed by Selena Kitt

WARNING – this review is intended for an ADULT audience. 

Well....Ummmmm. WOW! First of all let me say that all the reviews that mention that this is not for the faint of heart - BELIEVE THEM! Definitely a taboo book.

 That being said, I LOVED it! Last night I read until I couldn't see and had to put it down. I finished it this morning on the bus on my way to work. Reading such a hot book on the bus is not a great idea. It had me hot and wet and squirming in my seat. And I couldn't do anything about it! Ok, enough about me.

 This book is about Leah and Erica, two Catholic school girls (both 18) who have been friends all their lives. In the beginning, Leah is quite the innocent. Erica shows Leah the dirty magazines and films that are under her dad's bed. One thing leads to another and well...lots and lots of sex goes on. Leah falls for Erica's dad, Mr. Nolan, and they start a steamy affair. 

 ***SPOILER ALERT*** This book involves incest when Erica starts having sex with her father and all three really get it on. There is also a scene where Leah goes to confess her sins and the priest is masturbating in the confessional booth. The incest sex between father and daughter is pretty intense and described in terrific detail. But you know what people? This is FANTASY! It is not real. I see absolutely nothing wrong with an author pushing the envelope to the very edge. As long as it's well-written and between consenting adults. Don't most of us read erotica because what we read about would never happen to us in real life? 

Selena is such a talented writer. She truly has a gift. The characters were believable and lovable. I really hoped for a happy ending between Leah and Mr. Nolan. The pace was perfect. The sex scenes were detailed but with taste. They left you breathless with your heart racing and wet between your legs. The foreshadowing was well-crafted – both for the recreation of the movie scene and the history between Mr. Nolan and Leah’s mom. Although, the ending was a complete and utter shocker! I really didn’t expect it. When I realized why Patty was pleading with Rob, my jaw literally dropped. I’m still stunned. But it left me wanting more! 

Selena – I wish you would publish a sequel. You mentioned on goodreads that you had one, but that since Amazon banned the original version of Under Mr. Nolan’s Bed, you had to find time to work on it. I really hope that you do. I’m dying to find out what happens and how you’re going to make it work considering the ending of this book. 

My rating for this book is 4.5/5. It will become one of my classics and I will re-read it over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment